Millwright - Production Plant
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market.
Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
Aurora Peat Products produces professional grade Canadian Sphagnum peat moss products that enhance crop productivity and overall growing media quality for a wide range of industries and uses such as: soil mixes for the horticulture market, soil conditioners, mushroom casing material, general vegetable gardening, cannabis, and reforestation seedlings. We are a leader in promoting sustainability within our environment and industry. We believe that people matter most - because our people drive our business, engage with our customers, and continue transform our company.
More information? Check us out - https://investors.hydrofarm.com/ If you are aligned with our mission and beliefs, let's connect.
We are currently looking for FULL TIME MILLWRIGHT
On a daily basis this person will be responsible for:
· Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment
· Work as part of a team to troubleshoot and repair equipment, including disassembling and reassembling machinery, overhauling gearboxes, and replacing bearings, etc.
· Maintain a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment
· Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards, and quality checks
· Be part of an effective work planning process that utilizes work orders, planners, and part staging
· Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma, technical diploma or equivalent
· Valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license or other trades with equivalent experience
· Willing and able to work shift work (days, afternoons, and nights), weekends
· Proven mechanical and troubleshooting skills; Prefer 3 or more years’ experience with hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical maintenance
· Ability to set up and operate all machines common to the trade and ability to operate equipment including lathe, conveyor belts, drill press, etc. Welding experience an asset
· Outstanding work ethic with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record
· Willingness to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
· High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Team player
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position